Sous le ciel de Paris
French is the official language of the European Union and the second most spoken language worldwide. While any language will be helpful for some jobs or some regions, French is the only foreign language that can be useful throughout the world. French as a foreign language is the second most frequently taught language after English. The International Organization of Francophonie has 56 member states and governments. Of these, 28 countries have French as an official language. French is the only language other than English spoken on five continents. French and English are the only two global languages.
Classes offered at Zachariou Language School
At Zachariou Language School, we offer classes for children, adolescents and adults. Our curriculum leads to acquiring the internationally recognized certificates DELF/DALF and the University of Sorbonne certificates.
Ten reasons to learn French
- A world language
More than 220 million people speak French on the five continents. The OIF, an international organization of French-speaking countries, comprises 77 member states and governments. French is the second most widely learned foreign language after English and the sixth most commonly spoken language globally.
French is also the only language, alongside English, taught in every country in the world. France operates the most extensive international network of cultural institutes, which run French-language courses for close to a million learners.
- A language for the job market
As the world’s fifth-biggest economy and third-ranking destination for foreign investment, France is a crucial economic partner. The ability to speak French and English is an advantage in the international job market. A knowledge of French opens the doors of French companies in France and other French-speaking parts of the world (Canada, Switzerland, Belgium, and the continent of Africa).
- The language of culture
French is the international language of cooking, fashion, theatre, the visual arts, dance and architecture. A knowledge of French offers access to great works of literature in the original French, as well as films and songs. French is the language of Victor Hugo, Molière, Léopold Sendar Senghor, Edith Piaf, Jean-Paul Sartre, Alain Delon and Zinedine Zidane.
- A language for travel
France is the world’s top tourist destination and attracts more than 79,5 million visitors a year. The ability to speak even a little French makes it so much more enjoyable to visit Paris and all the regions of France (from the mild climes of the Cote d’Azur to the snow-capped peaks of the Alps via the rugged coastline of Brittany) and offers insights into French culture, mentality and way of life. French also comes in handy when travelling to Africa, Switzerland, Canada, Monaco, Seychelles, etc.
- A language for higher education
Speaking French opens up study opportunities at renowned French universities and business schools, ranked among the top higher education institutions in Europe and the world. Students with a good level of French are eligible for French government grants to enrol in postgraduate courses in France in the discipline of their choice and qualify for internationally recognized degrees.
- The language of international relations
French is both a working language and an official language of the United Nations, the European Union, UNESCO, NATO, the International Olympic Committee, the International Red Cross and international courts. French is the language of the three cities where the EU institutions are headquartered: Strasbourg, Brussels and Luxembourg.
- A language that opens up the world
After English and German, French is the third most widely used language on the Internet, ahead of Spanish. An ability to understand French offers an alternative view of the world through communication with French speakers from all over the world and news from the leading French-language international media (TV5, France 24 and Radio France Internationale).
- A language that is fun to learn
French is an easy language to learn. It does not take long to reach a level where you can communicate in French. Many methods on the market make learning French enjoyable for children and adults alike.
- A language for learning other languages
French is a good base for learning other languages, especially Romance languages (Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Romanian) and English since fifty per cent of current English vocabulary is derived from French.
- The language of love and reason
First and foremost, learning French is the pleasure of learning a beautiful, rich, melodious language, often called the language of love. French is also an analytical language that structures thought and develops critical thinking, a valuable skill for discussions and negotiations.
French is essential for your career
When deciding on a foreign language for work or school, consider that French is the language that will give you the most choices later on in your studies or your career. French, along with English, is the official working language of:
- The United Nations
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- The International Labor Bureau
- The International Olympic Committee
- The 31-member Council of Europe
- The European Community
- The Universal Postal Union
- The International Red Cross
- Union of International Associations (UIA)
- French is the dominant working language at
- The European Court of Justice
- The European Tribunal of First Instance
- The Press Room at the European Commission in Brussels, Belgium
Based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), the diplomas corresponding to each level of proficiency in the French language are as follows:
|C2||DALF C2 (1060-1200 ώρες)|
|C1||DALF C1 CCIP (DFA2) (810-950 ώρες)|
|Β2||DELF B2 Accès au DALF CCIP (DFA1) (560-650 ώρες)|
|Β1||DELF B1 (360-400 ώρες)|
|Α2||DELF A2 CCIP (CFS, CFP, CFTH) (160-200 ώρες)|
|Α1||DELF A1 (60-100 ώρες)|
One language, one world
English is the most widespread language and the basis of communication worldwide.
10 good reasons for learning English
- It is spoken as a first language by around 400 million people around the world.
- English is the language of the media industry. We live in the information age. The internet, television and the press give you almost unlimited access to knowledge.
- English is the language of science. In 1997, 95% of the articles in the Science Citation Index were written in English.
- English is the official language of 53 countries.
- Diplomats and politicians from different countries use English to communicate with each other. English is the main language of organizations like the United Nations, NATO, and the European Free Trade Association.
- Travel more easily. Communicate with people wherever you go — English is spoken in more than 100 countries.
- International Business is done in English. You have to know English to contact other business people, go to conferences, read international business newspapers and magazines, etc.
- English is based on a simple alphabet and it is fairly quick and easy to learn compared to other languages.
- If you speak English, there are lots of opportunities for you to find an appropriate school and course to suit your academic needs.
For our little first graders
Children learn the language easily and joyfully through music, songs, movement and games!
Our lilliputian students learn to speak English before they learn to write, in the same way they do it in their mother tongue.
JUNIOR EXPLORERS A’ AND B’
For children in the second and third grade of primary school.
These are the most important classes. This is where we lay the foundations for our students’ foreign language development.
The lesson is supported by teachers of music and drama.
Having adopted the holistic approach to language teaching, our students learn effortlessly and joyfully!
Possibility of course length reduction from two years to only one!
YOUNG EXPLORERS A’, B’ AND C’
For children in the fourth grade of primary school and beyond.
Experience is the mother of science
Our methodology in these classes includes PBL, learning by doing, learning by acting, mastering the art of presentation in English and many educational activities that make foreign language learning a wonderful, rich, multi-sensory experience.
Certification acquired: A1, A2
We offer parents a written guarantee that our students will succeed in B1, B2, C1 and C2 exams!
We have also reduced the courses’ total length-Six years from beginner to B2 plus one year for C2.
Knowledge, learning is an eternal thing
At Zachariou Language School we have courses for all ages and levels.
Duration of learning process: For adults, the length is four years from beginner to B2 level plus one year for C2.
Certification acquired: A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2